St. Wendelin Parish was founded in 1870 when area Catholics purchased a former Presbyterian church for worship. The current church, completed in 1906, is the third church to serve area Catholics (the first having grown too small and the second having succumbed to fire in 1905). The building underwent renovations and additions in the 1970s and then again in the 2010s.
The likeness of St. Wendelin of Trier is depicted in a commissioned painting hanging in the church’s vestibule. Another commissioned painting – an illustration of the Divine Mercy by artist Neilson Carlin – hangs above the confessional. Small but intimate Stations of the Cross dot the nave.
Wooden sculptures of the Holy Family and the Risen Christ are displayed in common areas, and a modest library is found in the recently expanded parish hall.
Scanned Documents & Images